Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39

Thread: deadbeat sinatra?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member ghosttownblues's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2007
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    How could any of you take these guys seriously?If you're a fan of social d, they would have to piss you off.At least the frontman. I mean every pose this guy strikes is straight mike ness.That can't be disputed. Even all the facial expressions are the same.Don't get me wrong, I can't put anyone down for playing music and having influences, but they're just that, influences. You have to make you're own mark. Its hard for me to take seriously because of the cover band thing too. Most cover bands are for bands that are either defunct or washed up, but social d are at they're prime, in my opinion. I think its a little disrespectful. I don't think true fans appreciate it, I know I dont. I know they're doing it for love of the band, but come on. It seems like they put more into that band then they do to deadbeat.Its just like the band automatic 7.They have some good songs but they sound so much like social d, at least vocally, its kind of comical. Same goes for DS. And, you can cholk this is up to internet mud slinging if you want. But I would tell these guys the same thing in person. Any good musician should be able to take criticism. And thats all it is. I am not saying they're not good at what they do, cause they're not bad. But just too social d like in my opinion.And thats all it is, an opinion.

    <font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ February 14, 2007 05:46 PM: Message edited by: ghosttownblues ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member PainWillBeMyMotivation's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2005
    Posts
    362
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Aw, man; all this time I thought I was a "true fan". I guess liking DbS and not hating the idea of Dear Lover disqualifies me.

    Damn, I've been being a sarcastic asshole on here lately. Maybe I shouldn't check the board when I'm hungry.

    But seriously, they're not as blatantly derivative of Social D and nothing else as Screeching Weasel, The Queers, The Huntingtons and a million other bands are of The Ramones and nobody gives them shit about that.

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner wolfpits's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2003
    Posts
    1,546
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just so you know, we stopped doing our Dear Lover gig so we could concentrate on Deadbeat Sinatra's new CD. But it was fun while it lasted and It helped pay the bills.

    Painwillbemymotivation got it right....we are no different than the 1000's of other bands who may look and sound like somebody else, but are still doing their own thing. You know Oasis right? You may or may not like them but they are basically the Beatles. You know The Hives right? You may or may not like them, but they are basically the Rolling Stones.

    If there is one cool band in this world to be influenced by it's defenitely Social Distortion. Thats for sure.

    Also, goasttownblues, you SHOULD take us seriously because we take ourselves seriously and you will defenitely be hearing a lot about us really soon.

    thank you
    steve

  4. #4
    Inactive Member ghosttownblues's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2007
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ya, I am sure I will. I wish you all the best. But how can you be ok with yourselves and youre band knowing you're walking the fine line between an original band and a rip off band?

    <font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ February 14, 2007 06:21 PM: Message edited by: ghosttownblues ]</font>

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner wolfpits's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2003
    Posts
    1,546
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If you are open enough to listening to our new cd then you will hear that we are further from that fine line than you may think. Much of it is more original than you may give us credit for. That's why pre-production took us this long. We really had to put our minds together and we are proud of the finished product.

    if you go to our myspace page, and listen to "do you wanna get some", you will hear the song that was a finalist in Little Steven's underground garage contest for an opening slot for the New York Dolls recent tour. We didnt win, but out of over 2400 different band's submissions, we were in the top 3. Ripoff bands don't make it that far.

    Open your mind a little bro. I think we may grow on you.

    steve

  6. #6
    Inactive Member RnROutlaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    198
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The Hives are a Stones copy? I must have ear and eye cancer cause I did never figure this out. [img]cool.gif[/img]

    There's a big difference between copy and influences. I could say the Ramones were a cheap copy of the Searchers or the Beach boys but no, they did their own thing.

    This Dear Lover Show was a fast way to earn some money? Good to hear that you made profit with official Social D pictures, the Black Cat name, the songs, the dress, the poses... and I thought some of the bootleg sellers are %$?"?$%&$?&!! [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member jen415's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2005
    Posts
    641
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Haven't we been thru this already? Both in regards to Deadbeat Sinatra and general mud slinging. Wolfpits and Company seem like nice guys. I like reading their posts Social Distortion related and otherwise. I like hearing news about their band. At least they are doing something constructive, not picking fights over the internet. How lame is that!

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner wolfpits's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2003
    Posts
    1,546
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hey homes, I said Dear Lover is no longer and "Black Cat Entertainment" is Rich Rumble's company and has nothing to do with my band or Black Kat Customs. Yes, Rich paid us to play his shows because there were usually 600-800 people there on any given night and we damned sure arent doing it for free. Would you? I never liked the idea of him using "official" social d photos for the flyers but those were his doing, not ours.

    I dont mind critisism, but you should have your facts together first. I love you too LIke an outlaw.

    <font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ February 14, 2007 08:44 PM: Message edited by: wolfpits ]</font>

  9. #9
    Inactive Member SocialFCKIND's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 10th, 2003
    Posts
    526
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well said jen415

  10. #10
    Inactive Member ghosttownblues's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2007
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This is'nt a internet fight, its an opinion. Every band will come by some sort of criticism in their time, it just depends how they handle it. Wolfpits is doing a good job,he's calm at least. In regards to a prior post, though I don't agree with the dear lover thing coverbands do get paid. I just could'nt be 100% behind my bands music while being that similar to another band, social d or not. Wolfpits, I am open minded, like I said, you guys are good,just to much social d to take seriously.And thats not saying you're tunes arent catchy, cause they are.And I know what you're thinking, "if you dont like it, dont listen."Relax people, its just something to talk about.

    <font color="#FFFF00"><font size="1">[ February 14, 2007 09:01 PM: Message edited by: ghosttownblues ]</font></font>

    <font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ February 14, 2007 09:03 PM: Message edited by: ghosttownblues ]</font>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •